bogofilter and gmane

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Apr 7 13:55:44 CEST 2003

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to read the Bogofilter list through the Gmane [1] service,
> which  I assume at least a few others of you are doing as well.
>
>  1. http://www.gmane.org/
>
> However, I'm getting messages back reporting that "I'm not a
> subscriber", although Gmane is supposed to handle that for me. I realize
> this a little off topic, but have other folks experienced that? I'm
> using Gmane fine with other lists.

Well, the list is non-public, because we don't allow non-subscribers to
post to keep the spam volume down. Therefore, posting is not possible
through GMANE (they mark the group as moderated, they might be better of
marking the group as no-post) -- unless GMANE were to replace the sender
address for postings to this kind of groups (I don't know if they do).