building on AIX (was: building on OS-X)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Apr 4 00:55:43 CEST 2003

At 05:35 PM 4/3/03, Michael K. Ter Louw wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > David, this has been about AIX with IBM compilers, not about OS X. OS X
> > is supposedly fine. Someone forgot to change the subject, so I'm making
> > up for that now. :-)
>
>Sorry about this guys.  It was changed at one point; I noticed that it
>switched back but I wasn't sure how to change it, and was afraid of messing
>with the subject because I didn't want to break the threading.
>
>Mike

Mike,

I figure that an accurate subject line is more important than
threading.  So I tend to do a lot of "new subject [was: old subject]" changes.

Matthias,

Since the only problem with AIX seems to be compiler choice and configure
can handle that, is there any need to update the FAQ or add a README.aix?

'Tis interesting that Elrond's only AIX issue was whether RPMs should gzip
man pages.  Evidently he had no difficulties in building bogofilter.