building on OS-X

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Apr 3 23:40:50 CEST 2003

Greetings,

Now that Mike Ter Louw has paved the way to building bogofilter on OS-X,
it's time to add file doc/programmer/README.osx.  With a pointer in the FAQ
and the text below, I think we've got it covered.  Am I missing anything?

David

Compiling Bogofilter on OS-X
=============================
Bogofilter has been tested on OS-X.

There are two prerequisites for compiling Bogofilter on OS-X.
1. Berkeley DB
2. xlc or gcc

Berkeley DB may be obtained from Sleepycat Software, at
http://www.sleepycat.com/

Be sure to run the `configure' script with the
`--with-db=/path/to/berkeley-db-dir' option so that `configure' can find
your Berkeley DB installation.

Bogofilter can be built with either gcc or xlc.  If using xlc, put
"CC=xlc" at the beginning of the configure command.

Read the INSTALL file in this directory for more information and
additional options for the `configure' script.