mass processing with mutt and Fcc

Shawn Barnhart swb at grasslake.net
Tue Apr 1 14:53:05 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Stosberg" <mark at summersault.com>

> What's a good way to select a bunch of messages and mark them as spam
> (and delete them) all at once, from within Mutt?

Dunno about within mutt specifically, but what I've done with my IMAP mail
application is create two mboxes, 'spam-new' and 'spam-not'.  False
negatives get moved to spam-new and false positives to spam-not.

I can then run an alias from a shell prompt that fixes the spam.  Otherwise
I just trust that -u is doing its job.

So far I've had about 5-10 false negatives and about 5 false positives, but
I had 3k spam and 2k non-spam to learn from right away.