build problem

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Wed Oct 30 00:20:33 CET 2002

I was trying to build bogofilter 0.7.6 with db 4.1.24 on redhat 7.1,
intending to run the binary on redhat 7.3.

I got rpc_malloc as an unresolved symbol.

Setting $CC to "$CC -Drpl_malloc=xmalloc" prior to ./configure seems to
have fixed that problem, but I'm unsure if this is consistent with the
maintainers' intent.  The resulting binary runs but fails to work quite
right I think, as I'll detail in my next message.

Is there some other way I should address this rpl_malloc problem?

BTW, it didn't matter if I used the ./configure provided in the archive,
or regenerated one with the latest autoconf.  There were a few messages
on the net about autoconf being confused about rpl_malloc.

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS