Announcing bogofilter 0.7.6.rc2

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Oct 27 20:21:27 CET 2002

At 03:36 PM 10/27/02, Greg Louis wrote:

>It used to be that you could find out how many messages were in the
>training database by doing "bogofilter -vvv" and hitting ctrl-D.  That
>doesn't work in cvs or 0.7.6rc, of course.  Should there perhaps be an
>option in bogoutil to dump just message and word counts, not the actual
>entries?

Have you looked at bogoutil's "-w" option?  When it's specified, bogoutil
expects stdin to provide a list of token and retrieves each of them from
the specified word lists.  Here're a couple of sample of how to use it:

         bogoutil -w $BOGOFILTER_DIR/goodlist.db < list_of_words

To find how many messages are in the word lists, I'll run:

         echo .MSG_COUNT | bogoutil -w $BOGOFILTER_DIR/goodlist.db
         echo .MSG_COUNT | bogoutil -w $BOGOFILTER_DIR/spamlist.db

I might enhance it a bit to allow a directory on the command line, as well
as a list of words.  Given a directory, it would look for the token in both
goodlist.db and spamlist.db.  Sample usage would be:

         bogoutil -w $BOGOFILTER_DIR .MSG_COUNT the quick brown fox