man pages

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Oct 21 14:12:36 CEST 2002

At 07:49 AM 10/21/02, Tom Allison wrote:

>I don't have that man page and am working with the Debian package.
>I could do the install myself, but I'm trying to work withing the Debian
>confines to be sure that the package works....
>
>bogoutil --help is kind of limited.
>Can you send me an example of how this (bogoutil) might be used to correct
>an email or word?

Bogofilter 0.7.5 was released yesterday as a tarball (source) and rpms
(source and binaries).  We do not presently have a debian packager, so that
format isn't available.

html copies of the current man pages for bogofilter and bogoutil can be found:

         http://www.osagesoftware.com/bogofilter/bogofilter.html
         http://www.osagesoftware.com/bogofilter/bogoutil.html

Anyhow, some of that bogoutil can do is new to 0.7.5.  The quick examples are:

         load wordlist from text file - bogofilter -l
~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db < input
         dump wordlist to text file   - bogofilter -d
~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db > output
         display tokens in wordlist   - bogofilter -w
~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db < tokens
         display single token         - echo single.token | bogofilter -w
~/.bogofilter/goodlist.db

where input and output are lists of tokens and counts (one token and one
count per line)
   and tokens is a list of tokens (one per line).

Note that the load function is really an update of the wordlist, so it's
easy to add words to a list or increase their counts.  I'm not sure if
bogoutil allows decrementing a count.

David

P.S.  As a debian user, would you care to take on the task of creating the
debian package?