Newbie Q

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Oct 15 02:19:35 CEST 2002

At 07:59 PM 10/14/02, Clint Adams wrote:
> > If I remember rightly, bogofilter understands the concept of multiple
> > messages in its input, so there is no need to use formail to split the
> > mail out:
> >
> >     bogofilter -s < spam.mbx
>
>I have yet to see this function properly in any version of bogofilter.

Clint,

Let me try this reply again - I was having trouble with my mail client.

As a quick test, I concatenated 7 messages into a single file and ran two
tests:

First, grep "^From " | wc -l --- gave a count of 7 as expected.

Second, bogofilter -s -v -v < all.mbx -- gave counts of 3306 words, 7
messages - as expected.

So, in the quick test bogofilter gives the right count.  If you have a
mailbox for which bogofilter gives the wrong count, please send it to me so
I can see what's going on.

Thanks.