question on multiple wordlists

Amos Gouaux +archive.bogofilter at utdallas.edu
Sun Oct 13 16:47:56 CEST 2002

>>>>> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:53:46 -0500,
>>>>> Graham Wilson <bob at decoy.wox.org> (gw) writes:

gw> the only place where this wouldnt work is if bogofilter was used without
gw> procmail or maildrop, but i dont think bogofilter was meant to be a
gw> standalone filter, right?

The only thing is that not all of us are providing/using procmail
or maildrop.  In our case, it is a Cyrus IMAP/POP server being feed
(via LMTP) by Postfix.

dr> One way is to forward the messages to special email address, for
dr> example to bogo-spam if it should have been classified as spam or to
dr> bogo-good if it should have been classified as good.  A cron job
dr> could be run (perhaps each hour) that would check the bogo-spam and
dr> bogo-good mailboxes and run the appropriate "bogofilter -S" or
dr> "bogofilter -H" command.

In the environment I describe above, this sounds like the approach
to take.  We've already got folks forwarding spam complaints to a
particular address, so we're not too far off from the bogo-spam idea.

--
Amos