korean spam

Ben Rosengart br at panix.com
Thu Oct 10 23:23:04 CEST 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:38:12PM +0200, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> Ben Rosengart <br at panix.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm encouraged to see that we're beginning to look to external
> >solutions before adding code to bogofilter.  This is a good trend
> >and bodes well for the focus of the project.
>
> The opposite is true. And no, it is no solution that
> bogofilter fail for Spam in German or French. The above only
> takes away a large chunk of obvious spam.

I don't mean that bogofilter shouldn't learn to tokenize other
character sets.  I mean that in the absence of that ability, it's
better to use procmail than to put a gross hack into bogofilter.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

Microsoft has argued that open source is bad for business, but you
have to ask, "Whose business?  Theirs, or yours?"    --Tim O'Reilly