korean spam

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.org.uk
Thu Oct 10 08:46:53 CEST 2002

bob at decoy.wox.org said:
[SNIP]
> it might be more useful if the lexer had the ability to produce tokens
> from messages written in eastern languages that could be used like we
> use the tokens in english (and other western language) messages. like
> i said, i dont feel like bogofilter is doing a good job at that.

As I suggested when the tokenisation of european languages came up,
the lexer should ideally take account of the character set specified
in the email header when parsing the body of the email. Fortunately
these two need to match up otherwise your mailer will display the
result as junk, so the spammers have little room for fiddling things here.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan at buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195