changes from 0.7.4 to 0.7.5

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Oct 6 22:40:02 CEST 2002

Adrian,

I've diffed bogofilter-0.7.4 and the current cvs code.  Below is my summary
(alphabetically by filename) of the changes I saw.  I'm trusting the other
members of this list to fill in anything I left out.

David

UPGRADE
	- added bogoupgrade.pl and bogoutil for upgrading old wordlists to the
current format

bogoutil.c
	- dumps and loads bogofilter text files from/to Berkeley DB format.

bogofilter.xml
	- updated documentation
		  - program options (new and changed)
		  - word list name changes (hamlist.db to goodlist.db)
		  - procmail usage recipes

bogofilter.c
	- refactored main function into several smaller functions for improved
	  readability and maintainability.
	- added word list locking for safe reading and updating of word lists.

configure.in
	- configurable SPAM_HEADER_NAME

datastore.h
	- standardized database API

datastore_db.c
	- initial implementation of database API (for BerkeleyDB)
	- includes improved word list locking mechanism.
  	- special token .MSG_COUNT for the message count.

lexer.l
	- extended TOKEN pattern to better handle european languages
	- initial work for adding advanced tokenizing features of spambayes

lock.c  - deleted from project

main.c
	- now using "X-Bogosity:" as status message
	- added spamicity value to status message
	- changed options
		-h to -n
		-H to -N
	- new options:
		-h - prints help message
		-e - set return code to 0 for mail filters
		-u - update word list after classifying message

wordhash.c
	- now using word hash data structures for internal word lists
	  (faster than Judy arrays)

wordlists.c
	- added multi-list support
	- use environment variable BOGOFILTER_DIR for directory specification in
preference to HOME
	- split list setup and initialization code out of bogofilter.c

xmalloc.c
	- front-end to standard heap manipulation routines, with error checking.

xstrdup.c
	- utility function to allocate and duplicate string
David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800