mailing list speed

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Oct 6 01:31:32 CEST 2002

On Sat, 05 Oct 2002, Adrian Otto wrote:

> I'm also busy deciding what mailing list software I'm going to use. I'm
> currently considering Majordomo 2.x and GNU MailMan. If you have an opinion,
> today is the day to share it with me.

If you can afford some time and you don't need moderated lists, then it
might be worthwhile to have an embedded qmail with ezmlm or ezmlm-idx,
replacing qmail-queue with qmail-qmqpd, and feeding its mail to Postfix'
QMQPd. ezmlm is -- from an end user's point of view -- one of the best
mailing lists managers you can have, and its bounce handling is
bullet-proof, but I don't run a MLM myself. I used to run mailman 1.1,
and it stank. Cumbersome to install and fragile.

I can only suggest some MLMs to evaluate besides those that you list:

petidomo 4
ecartis
sympa