New Option - '-u' for update

Ben Rosengart br at panix.com
Sat Oct 5 00:04:39 CEST 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 04:10:57PM -0500, Eric Seppanen wrote:

> For instance, it's difficult to find antonyms for "spammy" "spamlike"
> "spammish".  It's also use precise wording because you can't say "this
> message looks like spam, and this other message looks like good" or "this
> message is very spamlike, and this message is very nonspamlike". What you
> find is you have to use both "good" and "nonspam" interchangeably, and a
> new, precise term, can fix that.

What you describe here sounds like optimizing for the convenience
of the programmers at the expense of the users.

I understand your bikeshed concerns, but I think that if we can
keep focused on usability/supportability, these decisions will be
more obvious and less subject to conflicting whims.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

Microsoft has argued that open source is bad for business, but you
have to ask, "Whose business?  Theirs, or yours?"    --Tim O'Reilly