New Option - '-u' for update

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 4 20:19:13 CEST 2002

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>> >In the bogofilter docs is the following sample procmail recipe:
>> >
>> >    :0HB
>> >     * ? bogofilter
>> >     {
>> >             :0HBc
>> >             | bogofilter -s
>> >
>> >             :0
>> >             $MUTT/spam
>> >     }
>> >
>> >     :0EHBc
>> >     | bogofilter -n
>>
>>The HB is not needed for c. The spam file must be locked.
>
>Can you send me a patch to correct the documentation?

Actually, I don't do anything in C and CVS, I have no clue
how I would locate the right place and put it there.

>I know you're a procmail expert

Thanks:-)) Well, I use it for several years and have some
pretty elaborate .procmailrc, but expert is too much.

>and I'd like to see the documentation be correct.

I'd suggest the following instead of the above:

:0HB
* ? bogofilter
{
  :0c
  | bogofilter -s
  :0:
  spam-bogofilter
}
:0Ec
| bogofilter -h

Of course, the file name and location are pretty arbitrary.
This would put it into $MAILDIR/spam-bogofilter.

>>Would it be possible to make it:
>>:0HB:
>>* ? bogofilter -u
>>spam
>
>Would you care to test it for me?

I'd like to. The key is that the return code works as in the
original example.

>I've just put the code into cvs, so you can get it...

I will need my admin to install it. So I cannot get it
running before Monday. RPMs would be appreciated:-))

pi