some bogopass (base64) results

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Wed Nov 27 04:06:45 CET 2002

> It appears that just evaluating the headers (as happens without base64
> decoding) gives a higher spamicity score.  As a guess, the decoded
> message contains lots of ordinary words which lower the score.

yes, i've seen that happen before.  in fact, i have seen messages
that would be classified as spam while still encoded in base64
be classified as non-spam after unbase64 decoding.  however, this is
very unusual.  i have seen many more instances of base64 spam
that would be non-spam unless decoded.

suzanne's bogopass script would be a useful interim solution
and i think we should include it in the contrib dir.
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/