spam and bogofilter

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Nov 23 18:35:19 CET 2002

On 20021123 (Sat) at 1029:58 -0600, Graham Wilson wrote:

> > You'd be welcome to download my spams if you want to run tests
> > yourself, but I can't give you the nonspams, as they include many
> > confidential messages.  Sorry for that.
>
> i collect traffic from mailing lists (debian lists, bogofilter, hurd
> lists) and would we will to provide those. id have to filter out the
> spam messages first though.

Good idea.  I hadn't thought of that.  A lot of list archives actually
let you download each whole month as a compressed tarball; you'd
have to check through them for spams, but that would be a great way to
get a large number of nonspams quickly.  (For testing, that is;
one wants nonspams typical of one's own mail traffic when one's building
a training set for production.)

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |