Graham's method seemed better

Tim Witham twitham at quiknet.com
Sat Nov 23 17:32:38 CET 2002

Boris> Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> wrote:
>>> evidence of an effect. But as you know I used bogofilter out
>>> of the box and did not tweak anything.
>>
>> Rem acu tetigisti.  You can't expect to do that successfully, any more
>> than you can run a car without using the steering wheel.

If that is true, then there is at least a bug in the documentation.
The cutoff is mentioned but says it is set at compile time.  Indeed I
see no option to tweak it at run-time.  Sounds unimportant.  It's like
a steering wheel installed in the engine compartment.  You must stop
and pop the hood to change directions.  Not too user friendly.

Boris> But I do right now. And it will be crucial to do so to win new
Boris> users.

Or at least clue them in that they need adjust it.  I didn't know this
either.  A run-time option and some documentation would be important
for me where I want to let many users use the same bogofilter binary
on their different mail.  Maybe stick it in a config file so it
doesn't need to be specified for each run...

Wait, I just looked in config.c and there is a "spam_cutoff" so maybe
it is already there.  But I still can't find the documentation of how
to use it.

--
-- Tim Witham <twitham at quiknet.com>, http://www.quiknet.com/~twitham/