ESR [was: download statistics]

Andrew Norman andy at norman.cx
Fri Nov 22 19:15:02 CET 2002

>> bogofilter is proving very useful so far, I knew there was a reason I
>> had kept all the spam (and most of the non-spam) I received over the
>> last 8 years...
>
> You mean, *beside* keeping the manufacturers of hard disks in business?
>
> I've been saving my spam since the article on Baysean filtering hit
> Slashdot (3 months), and I'm up to 187 Mb.

I've collected <checks disk> 850Mb of spam/non-spam over the years. That
is an awful lot of stuff to filter by hand ! (though a large chunk has
been filtered in the last two years by just throwing all Korean mail into
the spam bin)

I haven't actually fed all 850Mb to bogofilter as only the more recent
couple of hundred meg has been accurately filtered.