-N / -S

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 20 02:42:31 CET 2002

At 08:25 PM 11/19/02, Tom Allison wrote:

>Maybe a dumb question, but I have to ask.
>
>If I pass-through to bogofilter and it dumps out a Header X-Bogosity and I
>then run a correction (-N/-S), does the X-Bogosity header get excluded
>from the process or should I remove it first using "formail -I X-Bogosity"  ??

That's something that has worried each of us from time to time.  I think
you can stop worrying :-)

In lexer.l is code that recognizes the X-Bogosity header line(s) and
discards them.

Furthermore, since X-Bogosity is in _every_ message, it's spamicity would
be right at 0.5000 - just like some other common words, for example tom,
allison, tacocat.com, etc.