man bogoutil

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Mon Nov 18 15:19:20 CET 2002

On 20021118 (Mon) at 1421:44 +0100, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> Actully, I just today removed the -r which gave pretty poor
> result for me (missing a lot). I don't have statistics on
> that, though.

Surprising.  If you have a reasonably large training set and could
_get_ stats, it would be good to see them, 'coz Robinson's approach is
working quite a bit better than the original for most people who've
compared them.  The spambayes project is using the next generation of
Robinson's suggested calculations (plus a few tweaks of their own, I
gather) and is doing very well with it.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |