Mozilla to use Bayesian spam filtering

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Nov 15 05:15:06 CET 2002

At 09:57 PM 11/14/02, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

>I speak to some of the mozilla guys on IRC at times, they are looking
>quite closely at the spambayes project and may switch to its algorithm
>in the future. Right now it uses the Graham algorithm
>
> > Barry,
> >
> > Great news!  Does anybody here in bogofilter-land know anybody over there
> > in mozilla-land?  It'd be great to have mozilla use bogofilter.  If not
> > that, then to mozilla provide an implementation that lets us plug in
> > bogofilter.
>
>You might want to file a bugzilla report on this as an RFE

Last I read on the spambayes mailing list, they've done an incredible
amount of work in creating a very good evaluation function for the spam/ham
determination.  I don't think it qualifies as either the Graham or Robinson
method.  They may have started with Graham, but they've
extended/expanded/modified/changed it a whole bunch.