base64 spam / forcing bogofilter -p judgement

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Thu Nov 7 03:43:51 CET 2002

Barry Gould wrote:

> David, thanks for responding, but unless something has changed since
> Allyn posted on 10/22, I believe that can't be used with bogofilter -p.

this is correct, unbase64 hasn't changed, and can't be used with -p.

i haven't ever used -p and haven't really missed it.  what's the big deal?
i see -p as a convenience but it isn't really that much harder to do
without and you only write the procmail rules once and you're done.

if you wanted to keep the -p generated header whenever possible you
could do something with procmail like this (untested):
:0f
| bogofilter -pe

:0fHB
* unbase64 | bogofilter
| /usr/bin/formail -I"X-Bogosity: Yes"

i "assume" that someday bogofilter will understand mime/base64/q-p
but i suspect it will be a while as this is fairly complicated.
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/