show stoppers

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 5 02:45:37 CET 2002

Matthias,

Thinking about this subject, I realized that I recognize two kinds of show
stoppers.

First, new features that are supposed to work but don't.

Second, old features that used to work, but no longer work.

I think it is important to fix both of these before releasing a new
version.  Code that regresses in function is simply not acceptable.

However, features that were broken in the previous release and are still
broken, are not show stoppers.  They belong on the "to be fixed ASAP
lsit".  If at all possible, they should be fixed for the next
release.  Unfortunately, sometimes they are not fixable in that time
frame.  If so, they can/should be documented as known defects.  Since
they've already been broken for a "long" time, they are not show stoppers.

For the lexer "X-Bogosity" issue, I suggest we document this as a known
defect.  Would you care to document the defect and add a file for the 0.8.0
release?