troublesome false negative

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 5 02:14:36 CET 2002

At 07:55 PM 11/4/02, Matthias Andree wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Nov 2002, David Relson wrote:
>
> > >It's a bug with no workaround (which is my definition of showstopper).
> >
> > Did it ever work?
>
>I don't know. I presume it was broken the very moment the "ignore our
>own spam tag header" code was added.

My recollection is that "ignore our own tag" was a method to avoid forged
headers.  Any X-Bogosity lines in the headers of a message coming into
bogofilter don't belong there.  Having bogofilter delete them is done so
that the final recipient of the message doesn't get spam with a forged

I understood you to say that when a message with an "X-Bogosity:" header
line is forwarded, the "X-Bogosity:" line causes a problem.  As it isn't in
the header, there shouldn't be a problem - except for a MUA that checks for
"X-Bogosity" without caring where in the message it is.  Such a MUA will
have _lots_ of trouble with _this_ message.