x-bogosity header

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 30 23:27:10 CET 2002

At 05:14 PM 12/30/02, Karl Schmidt wrote:

>Its the X-bogosity header ignored while creating the data bases? or
>would I have to remove them?
>
>If I run a test - will it replace the old bogosity header?
>
>I can imagine that spammers will put a fake header in after people start
>using the filter. Any provision to change the header name as a
>comandline option?
>
>I have bogofilter working with exim-4.12 - the example router only needed
>to add the domain = +localdomains so outgoing e-mail did not get scanned.

Karl,

Good job in getting bogofilter working with your mailer :-)

It's not a problem.  In lexer.l is code to detect any "X-Bogosity" header
lines and remove them.  Any attempts by a spammer to supply their own
X-Bogosity lines to deceive bogofilter will fail.  Note:  you must be using
the passthrough option ('-p')  to have bogofilter rewrite the
message.  (The rewritten message has old X-Bogosity lines removed and the
new one inserted at the end of the message header).