Mail box to bogo

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 30 22:42:47 CET 2002

Brandon,

You are correct.  bogofilter's word registration operations, i.e. '-s',
'-n', '-S', and '-N', work properly with unix mailboxes.

There's also a nifty tool "formail" on most Linux boxes that will take a
unix mailbox, break it into messages, and execute a command for each
one.  Using it as a front end, the usage would be

         formail -s bogofilter -s < spam-mail.mbox
or
         formail -s bogofilter -n <good-mail.mbx"