Spammers catching on

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Wed Dec 18 04:47:29 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:51:24PM -0800, Zack Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 03:45:35PM -0500, Gyepi SAM wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:36:09PM -0700, Matt Armstrong wrote:

> > I would, however, be interested in a pre-processing tool that could determine
> > that the two colors are the same and add the information to the email.
> > Essentially the tool would analyze the message for certain properties,
> > perhaps based on SpamAssassin (like) rules and encode the results
> > as tokens in the message itself, perhaps in the header. Note that we would not be using
> > SpamAssassin scores here, just names of possible spammy properties.
>
> Why avoid spamassassin? If you need a wheel, use a wheel, right? If
> spamassassin can be modified to be of more use to bogofilter, without
> degrading its performance in other ways, I'm sure the spamassassin folks
> would take patches.

SpamAssassin has a long list of requirements that makes
installation an interesting exercise for some and a daunting task for others.
Furthermore, some of the required modules require perl > 5.005x, which is probably
still the most common version.

I prefer to reduce bogofilter's dependencies to a small,
and ideally common and therefore already installed, set.

-Gyepi