uuencoded attachments produce woe

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Fri Dec 6 21:43:31 CET 2002

Gary Robinson had occasion to send me a .pdf file recently; it arrived
uuencoded, and was deemed spam by bogofilter; the training had only seen
uuencoded attachments in spam before.  Running bogofilter with the -R
option showed about 7,000 unhelpful tokens had been generated.

Reading the comments in lexer.l, it seems that BASE64 is being avoided,
but not uuencoding.  I have no idea whether it would be hard or easy to
change that; anyone care to comment?

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |