0.9.1 errors

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Dec 4 22:21:51 CET 2002

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002, David Relson wrote:

> emails _are_ arriving with body content including "From ..." lines.  Some
> messages are spam, some are not.
>
> For example, I'm on the mailing list for Powell's Books out in Portland,
> OR.  Their message this month includes the following:
>
> From the Author: Patricia Henley</a>
> PNBA Holliday Picks</a>
> ..
>
> We need to accept these lines.

Correct. I had thought these were already escaped at that time, but I
happened to look at Postfix' local(8) for another reason and figured
that they are not on delivery to programs. So we cannot protect our
users against doing the wrong thing, because there's no way to figure if
we have one mail or more on the standard input.