How to handle returned mail?

Suzanne Skinner tril at igs.net
Tue Dec 3 19:23:10 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:41:58PM -0500, Joe D'Andrea wrote:

> <LOL> Watch someone masquerade spam as a bounced email next (or has that
> one already happened?).

Don't laugh. Here's one virus-spam I got:

    From: postmaster <postmaster at igs.net>
    To: tril at igs.net
    Subject: Undeliverable mail--"leftmargin"
    Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:47:06 -0500 (EST)

    [-- Autoview using links -dump -width 90 '/tmp/muttgW0H1e' --]
       The following mail can't be sent to msd at macdillfcu.org:

       From: tril at igs.net
       To: msd at macdillfcu.org
       Subject: leftmargin
       The attachment is the original mail

Of course, I now filter virii to their own folder before running bogofilter.

Suzanne

--
tril at igs.net - http://www.igs.net/~tril/

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.
                                    -- Principia Discordia