bogofilter failure - missing X-Bogosity line

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 2 16:29:00 CET 2002

At 10:16 AM 12/2/02, Matthias Andree wrote:

>You have
>
>:0fw
>| bogofilter -r -p -u -l -e -v
>
>This treats failures (lock contention?) as non-spam.
>
>Try adding a
>
>:0e
>{
>   EXITCODE=75
>   HOST
>}
>
>to push mail back into the queue when bogofilter fails.
>
>You can then examine one of the mails that fail bogofilter with a
>debugger, unless it's a locking issue, which will then fix itself after
>1,000 seconds (Postfix default retry schedule on first attempt).

Matthias,

I'll add that and see what happens.

The thought of locking contention had occurred to me.  With your mention of
it, I've taken a look at datastore_db.c.  It has a variety of
fprintf(stderr), do_lock_msg(), and exit(2) calls in it.  To expand the
reporting capabilities, I'm going to output all the messages to syslog to
see what I can learn.