DB backend support for lmdb?

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Wed May 23 00:07:09 CEST 2018

Hello.

Since some years i am using bogofilter (thanks!), on FreeBSD, Arch
Linux and now AlpineLinux.  The latter links again sqlite, and
this is a real painful experience: very large database, slower by
factors, see [1] for my request to change DB backend.

The project leader of AlpineLinux notes correctly that Oracle
changed the DB license, however, so i had to compile my own
bogofilter using DB -- DB is used by Postfix on AlpineLinux, and
smaller und faster is always better, if possible.

Long story short: Postfix alternatively supports lmdb [2], and
i wonder whether bogofilter support for this could be added, too?
Looking at the Postfix code it seems pretty easy, the properties
of lmdb also sound very promising for the purpose of Postfix and
bogofilter.  What do you think, i mean, i have seen you have added
KyotoCabinet in the R-C-S, but the possibility to use the same DB
everwhere is very desirable i think?

  [1] https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/8860
  [2] https://github.com/LMDB/lmdb

--steffen