Log messages

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Sun Mar 1 17:52:10 CET 2009

Hello,

Regarding logging facility of bogofilter when run by user, isn't it
more logical to add an option to place log messages in a user log file
instead of sending it to syslog?

Also, the log options in configuration file enable reporting of the IP
address from the first 'received' header. This is OK when bogofilter
is run by system on the first mail relay (on the edge) in a local
domain. But when it is run by user it is better to log first IP
address outside of local domain (must be specified in system/user
configuration file).

And finally, if the log may inclide MessageID header, why not include
"From: " header, as well as others specified by user?

Anyway, bogofilter is a great program, thanks!

Please, send replies to my address because I'm not subscribed to the
list.

Serguei.