Idea for improving the learning stage

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Sep 8 09:41:27 CEST 2007

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007, Andrew wrote:

> Good point, provided that Bogofilter actually treats "Subject:" as any
> other word. If that's the case, we should pass a line that only says
> "Subject:".

Not unless you tell it to. Else you'll see head:Subject tokens and
subj:WHATEVER for each of the tokens that was observed on Subject lines.

> > [subject only]
> > and if you only train by subject, you will miss the spammy body tokens.
>

> But you'll also ignore possible "polluting" words in the body, while
> taking note of those words (the subject) that really prompted the user
> to flag the message as spam.

I see however no way yet to tell bogofilter a clean "ignore body" or
"ignore subject" when scoring a newly arriving message yet. Details in
my reply to your initial suggestion message.