realloc problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Oct 24 13:23:04 CEST 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:05:28 -0400
Clint Adams wrote:

> Starting program: /tmp/bogofilter-0.96.2/obj-db/src/bogofilter -vv </tmp/testmsg
> *** glibc detected *** realloc(): invalid next size: 0x080afb20 ***

Hi Clint,

Your bug report lead to several interesting days.  Your problem was a
buffer overrun during unicode conversion of a mime image attachment,
and prompted two fixes:  preventing the buffer overrun and adding code
to _not_ bother parsing mime image attachments for tokens.

To look for other, similar problems I went looking for trouble and ran
bogofilter on the 599,429 messages in my archives.  4 messages caused
trouble.  2 had the same form as the message you sent; 1 "mime
application/doc" attachment experienced the same failure and 1 very
long html comments revealed a regression 0.96.2.

All of these problems have been corrected in CVS and 0.96.3 will be
released within the next few days.

Regards,