bogofilter-0.96.1 - aka 1.0.0-rc1

Jim Correia jim.correia at pobox.com
Mon Sep 5 15:45:57 CEST 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 8:31 AM, David Relson wrote:

> There has been a paucity of problems in the 2 months since the release
> of bogofilter-0.95.2.  If no significant problems show up in the next
> week, this release will become bogofilter-1.0.0

I've been out of the bogofilter loop for some time (happily using a
very old version.)

I grabbed the source package and tried to build with sqlite as the
backend and I get the following build errors on Mac OS X.

In file included from datastore_db.c:46:
./datastore.h:85: error: conflicting types for ‘DB’
/usr/include/db.h:133: error: previous declaration of ‘DB’ was here
./datastore.h:87: error: parse error before numeric constant
datastore_db.c: In function ‘resolveopenflags’:
datastore_db.c:82: error: ‘DB_CREATE’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
datastore_db.c:82: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
datastore_db.c:82: error: for each function it appears in.)
datastore_db.c:82: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has
no effect
datastore_db.c:82: warning: value computed is not used
datastore_db.c:83: error: ‘DB_EXCL’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
datastore_db.c:83: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has
no effect
datastore_db.c:83: warning: value computed is not used
datastore_db.c:84: error: ‘DB_NOMMAP’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
datastore_db.c:84: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has
no effect
datastore_db.c:84: warning: value computed is not used
datastore_db.c:85: error: ‘DB_RDONLY’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
datastore_db.c:85: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has
no effect
datastore_db.c:85: warning: value computed is not used

[...]

I'm not familiar with the source, but the top of the file says

NAME:
datastore_db.c -- implements the datastore, using Berkeley DB

which is confusing as well. Why is it building this file when I asked
to use the sqlite backend? Any help?

Thanks,
Jim