Favorite DBMS results

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Aug 8 13:33:46 CEST 2005

Greetings,

A week ago the following question was asked:

.   We're thinking of making bogofilter a bit smaller and easier
.   to maintain by dropping support for one or more databases.
.   Before doing that we thought we'd ask:
.
.   What do you use?
.
.     1 Berkeley DB
.     2 Berkeley DB Transactional
.     3 QDBM
.     4 SQLite3
.     5 TDB

I've received 15 responses (both on list and off).  The totals are:

     11 Berkeley DB
      3 Berkeley DB Transactional
      1 SQLite3
      0 QDBM
      0 TDB

As Matthias has reported, the plan is to ditch TDB as it's slow, the
split-out TDB is unmaintained, and TDB is not documented properly.  It
appears that TDB isn't being used with bogofilter.  Anybody object to
the plan?

Ciao,

David

P.S.  The sole SQLite3 user started with TDB, switched to QDBM for
increased speed, and switched to SQLite3 for even greater speed.