Favorite DBMS

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sun Jul 31 10:42:22 CEST 2005

David Relson wrote:

> What do you use?

>   1 Berkeley DB
>   2 Berkeley DB Transactional
>   3 QDBM
>   4 SQLite3
>   5 TDB

As you all know, I maintain the RISC OS port of Bogofilter. On RISC OS
there was no such database available, so I ported TDB. That was too
slow, so I ported QDBM and used that for quite some time. In the
meantime somebody else has ported SQLite3 and I switched to using that
because it's even faster. Berkeley DB is not available for RISC OS and
I doubt anybody will port it in the near future. So, I would vote for
SQLite3. If you decide to only continue Berkeley DB, then I'd have to
split RISC OS Bogofilter from the mainstream Bogofilter.

--
Stefan Bellon