0.94.14 t.probe fails with db_transaction=yes

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jun 30 01:17:32 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:08:56 -0500
Larry Fahnoe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Environment:
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
> running bogofilter-0.94.12
> ~/.bogofilter.cf contains db_transaction=yes
>
> Problem:
> Starting with bogofilter-0.94.14-1.src.rpm from sourceforge, the
> compile is clean, however the test phase fails on t.probe:
>
>     [...]
>     FAIL: t.probe
>     PASS: t.query.config
>     PASS: t.score1
>     PASS: t.score2
>     PASS: t.systest
>     PASS: t.grftest
>     PASS: t.wordhist
>     PASS: t.bulkmode
>     PASS: t.MH
>     PASS: t.maildir
>     PASS: t.bogoutil
>     PASS: t.lock1
>     PASS: t.lock3
>     SKIP: t.valgrind
>     ======================
>     1 of 43 tests failed
>     (2 tests were not run)
>     ======================
>
> When I remove db_transaction=yes from my ~/.bogofilter.cf the build
> and the tests complete properly.
>
> --Larry

Hello Larry,

The tests run during "make check" assume a default build of
bogofilter.  With the default build, bogofilter is built with maximum
flexibility.  When configure is used with any of the enable/disable
(or yes/no) flags, some features used in the test scripts won't be
present and will cause a failure, as you've seen.

In the ideal world, the tests would adapt themselves to the built
configuration and the choice of options would affect _which_ tests run,
not their success.  Unfortunately,  we're not in an ideal world.

HTH,