bogofilter/src convert_unicode.c,1.5,1.6

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Fri Jun 24 19:38:13 CEST 2005

David Relson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:54:06 +0200
> Matthias Andree wrote:
> > David Relson <relson at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> > > +	if (err == EINVAL) {
> > > +	    /* error - use identity mapping */
> > > +	    fprintf( stderr, "Conversion from '%s' to '%s' is not
> > >                supported.\n", from_charset, to_charset );
> > > +	    cd = iconv_open( "iso-8859-1", "iso-8859-1" );

[snip]

> Perhaps we'd do better if we disable translation when iconv_open()
> rejects the character set ???

Sorry for jumping in so late, but I'd like to see a way to either
disable that particular error message or write it into the log file
instead. When running bogofilter unattended, this is the only error
message ever I see on stderr, which is ... unexpected. I'd rather see
it in the log file. Comments?

--
Stefan Bellon