Cyrillic issues in 0.94.12

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed May 25 23:53:50 CEST 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:23:10 +0400
Yar Tikhiy wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 04:10:09PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >
> > I share your view and I think we should let the --enable-russian switch
> > or whatever its name is today disappear in the 0.95 series. We don't
> > even need to provide an upgrade script for the users, as they can just
> > type:
> >
> > bogoutil -d wordlist.db >wordlist.ru
> > iconv -f CP866 -t utf-8 <wordlist.ru >wordlist.UTF-8
> > # upgrade bogofilter to --enable-iconv
> > rm wordlist.db
> > bogoutil -l wordlist.db <wordlist.UTF-8
>
> Then could you comment on the current state of experimental iconv
> support in bogofilter?  The only thing I know of it is that the
> corresponding source file starts with a big scary warning about
> the code being unready for use.
>
> --
> Yar

Hi Yar,

Right, there is a big warning.  The code is new and we haven't tested
it enough to know that it handles every situation.  You can help by
building an iconv version and then testing it with whatever mail you
have.  If everything works, let us know.  If you encounter problems,
send us messages that allow us to reproduce the problem and fix it.

Cheers!