[cvs] bogofilter/src datastore_db_trans.c,1.30,1.31

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun May 22 20:31:16 CEST 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> I see you've restored the DB_ARCH_ABS code.  AFAIK it was only needed
> to support t.bogoutil.  What else is it needed for?

Implement policy.

We have now released the first "stable" version of the 0.94.X version,
and as such, we should restrict changes to the branch to those that are

a) safe

b) important

c) do not change the interfaces that bogofilter exposes.

Particularly, 0.94.12 documented the "absolute" option, so we won't be
taking it away in case users hacked their own scripts.

If we want to clean up, we should probably lay down a release tag (in
addition to the branch tag) to 0.94.12 and branch off for 0.95 and clean
up there. It may also be reasonable to instead wait with branching off
0.95 until after a 0.94.13 or 0.94.14 release that I'm suggesting
herewith.

The next question that will be raised then if the SQLite changes are
allowable by a "stable" policy, but I believe the substantial
performance gains qualify the change as "important". They do not change
interfaces and can work with the 0.94.12 as well as with the current CVS
scheme (the one with the additional) index, and whether they're "safe",
we can find out with a 0.94.13 "current" release. I believe they are.