DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Mar 27 04:42:50 CEST 2005

Matthias,

I've found out how to reproduce the problem with t.bogoutil, i.e. the
generation of message:

bogofilter: (db) DB->get(TXN=134689768,  '.MSG_COUNT' ), err: -30988,
DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found

It happens when db-4.2.52 is used (but not db-4.3.27) and when
"--enable-transactions" is used, but not with AUTO-XA.

I reduced t.bogoutil and t.frame to their essentials and ended up with
script t.DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND.sh.

To ensure a clean build, I ran:

   ./configure --enable-transactions
   make -s distclean
   make -s all

When I run the following commands from my bogofilter/src directory

   t.DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND.sh
   ./bogofilter -xd -C -s -d bogodir/ -M -B ./tests/inputs/spam.mbx

Alternatively, after running t.DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND.sh, the second command
can be used as gdb arguments and the problem appears.

Note that to get the error, the script _must_ be run before each
running of the bogofilter command.  If the bogofilter command is run
_twice_, the first run will generate the error and the second will
succeed.

As wild speculation, might the txn_probe code be involved?  Might
running it in AUTO-XA do something crucial that --enable-transactions
doesn't do.

Regards,

David