Problem compacting databases (again!)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 04:31:22 CET 2005

"Juan J. Martinez" <reidrac at blackshell.usebox.net> writes:

> En 23/01/05 23:21, Matthias Andree escribía:
>> does this patch help?
>
> Yes, It works! Now bogoutil manages in the right way the database.
>
> Thanks you!
>
> Is this patch enough to workarround the use while openbsd crew fix the
> problem?

We have over a dozen isspace() calls in the code, not counting other
calls to ctype.h functions. I haven't reviewed whether these may break
or not, for we must be able to rely on standardized library functions
behaving correctly.

If you haven't observed other problems earlier I'd suggest to continue
to use.

At any rate, it's OpenBSD's call to fix their libraries now.

I have added a trivial test to the CVS version so that the test suite
reveals this problem quickly.