Inlining

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sun Jan 23 23:11:12 CET 2005

On 20050123 (Sun) at 1337:25 -0800, .rp wrote:

> > 3. transform list of tokens into list of probabilities (unless it is
> >    message-count format input)

> is bogoTune really doing step 3 the same way as bogoFilter ?

I think so.

> It seems to
> me that Tune is assigning a value while Filter is calculating a value.

The values of parameters used in calculation of the probability are
assigned in a 3- or 5-way grid search, but the probability is then
computed using not just the same algorithm but the same code.

If you think that's not the case, could you elaborate please?

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |