bogofilter 0.93.4 - new current release

Evgeny Kotsuba evgen at shatura.laser.ru
Mon Jan 10 00:59:06 CET 2005

Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

>>> My platphorm is'n linux, and I even don't use gcc... looking in
>>> makefile I couldn't understand what kind port of what I should use...
>>> I test some xml-related utils - even Mozilla attempts  to do
>>> something, but without success. I am not so familiar with xml as
>>> with pure C or pure HTML....
>>>

>> gcc isn't needed.  Look in doc/Makefile for the .xml.htmlin: and
>> .htmlin.html: rules.
>>

> Just with  magnifying glass I have found  that xmllint and xmlto is
> used,  google  says that it should be in  libxml2...
> so if is really true, then it will be quite well to mention it
> somewere in doc... ;-)  install/readme

(beep on)
(flame on)
This is native Unix way, it need xmllint that is part of libxml2, then
xmlto that is a " is a bash shell script, which also uses the GNU getopt
utility (it requires long option support). Currently the only XSL-T
processor that is supported is xsltproc, from Daniel Veillard's libxslt
<http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/> package. The xsltproc support requires a
system with properly configured XML Catalogs, such as Red Hat Linux 9."
libxslt uses XXXX that is path YYYY package that requires a ZZZZ system
with with properly configured WWWW, that uses...
[  full tree of dependencies skipped ]
fully installated and properly configured unix/linux system with  one
thousand an one supports and tools
(flame off)
(beep off)
As opposite, for building bogofilter only two things are really used: C
compiler and flex, just because  essential part of bogofilter uses flex.

SY,
EK