using iconv()

Andras Salamon andras at dns.net
Sun Jan 9 11:33:25 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:31:20PM +0100, Pavel Kankovsky wrote:
> Non-ASCII text is prohibited in RFC 2822 headers (see section 2.2)

I'd like to echo the call for sticking to standards.  We don't have the
resources available to add special-casing for every weird vendor extension
to RFC 2822.  In a similar vein, I would like to see bogofilter either
stay an ASCII-centric piece of software, or one that supports standards
based character sets.  Adding support for the DOS throwback of code
pages isn't good.

-- Andras Salamon                   andras at dns.net