Russian charsets and functions

Evgeny Kotsuba evgen at shatura.laser.ru
Tue Jan 4 11:54:03 CET 2005

Clint Adams wrote:

>>I'm willing for bogofilter to include all the language tables.  However
>>there are multiple, conflicting table entries and mapping functions.  If
>>someone who knows more than I do would care to provide direction, it'd
>>be helpful.
>>

>If you use iconv(), you can drop most of these specialized functions and
>lookup tables.

one problem is that charset may be set impropelly - by mail client
and/or spammer, second problem will be doubling data base. Really
english/americans don't  need russian or asian spam or mail,   russian
don't need asian spam/mail and all english letterrs are placed to 0-127
and russian - to 128-255. All really multy-lang documents I see was sent
in .doc or .pdf  and so on.

SY,
EK