[cvs] memory leaks

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Dec 28 16:18:48 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> The memory "leaks" you've been fixing aren't worth bothering about,
> IMHO.  Memory that's allocated once can be cleaned up by the operating
> system.  When multiple blocks of memory are allocated and not released
> and cause program size to grow and grow, _then_ there's a memory leak
> that needs to be fixed.

They were quick to find and eliminate, I wanted to be sure that no
larger ones were waiting so I fixed the small ones that they could not
clutter my screen. "make check" reports no leaks at this time via
Boehm-GC.

I recently fixed a rather embarrassing HUGE leak in leafnode after a bug
report ("all the way up to 256 MB") and thought checking bogofilter and
cleaning up deallocation responsibilities wouldn't hurt.